If you are planing to travel with your pet, you have to do a bit more preparation for the journey. Here follow some useful tips that will help you to plan a safe trip for your pet:
- Prepare safe and comfortable sleeping space for your pet while you are travelling.
- At a very importance are the vehicle restraints for your dog and you can choose from a variety of styles.
- Check your pets health before starting the journey.
- Get enough info for ticks, especially the paralysis ticks.
- Do not ever leave your dog alone in a car, it is very dangerous and can lead to heatstroke and can be fatal.
- Before you start a journey, better prepare your pet friend. Make small trips around the block and let your pet to get used to the motion.
- Always have an info for nearby vets in a case of emergency.
- Prepare enough food an water for the trip.
- As human need breaks, pets need toilet break too. In this way your pet will stretch and relieve itself.
- For a security reasons in a time of break have your pet on a lead. No matter how trained the pets can be, having them on a lead will make them feel safe.
- Check with your local council that your pet’s microchip contact details are up to date in case Fido or Fluffy wanders off by accident.
- Laws vary from state to state in regards to transporting pets in vehicles; check the states government website for further details to ensure you abide by the law.
Things you should pack for your dog are:
- leash, collar, harness
- a towel
- for comforting during the travelling bring your pet’s fav toy
- travelling crate to sleep
- food and water bowl and enough food a filtered water
- Plastic bags to scoop poop and dispose
- If your dog requires medication, pack enough for the trip and have a first aid kit at your disposal.